Monday, September 1, 2008

A Tendency to Experience Fireworks or What's a Date?

Lloyd: I'm gonna take Diane Court out again.
Corey: Well that's unlikely.
Lloyd: Is the movies a good second date, you know? As a date?
Corey: Well you never had a first date.
Lloyd: Yes we did. I sat across from her at a mall. We ate together. We ate. That's eating. Sharing an important physical event.
Corey: That's not even a scam.
Lloyd: What's a scam?
Corey: Going out as friends.
DC: No its not. Scam is lusting.
Lloyd & Corey: Then what's a date?
DC: A date is a prearrangement. With a possibility for love.
Corey: Then what's love?

from Say Anything...

Last weekend I went on an outing that could be described as a date. Kinda. Sorta. What makes something a date anyway? According to the quote above, a date is "prearrangement. With a possibility for love." Well, this wasn't really prearranged - unless about an hour counts. And though there is the distinct possibility of love in the future, it was CLEAR that no "love" would be taking place that evening.

Here's a quick run-down of the specifics:

Who - Complication and TT. I thought it would be a group outing, but when I found out it would just be the two of us, I didn't back out.
What - Get together to see a fireworks show, and do a little people watching.
When - Friday night.
Where - Local amusement park.
Why - Let's be honest, not only is it fun for us to hang out together, I clearly have a crush on TT, and quite possibly, he me.
How - We each have season tickets to said amusement park, and met there after a brief text-message exchange.

So, judge if you must. I'm still 24 days away from being free to pursue a legitimate relationship with TT (not that I'm counting). Perhaps I am a terrible person. And a shameless hussy. And... I don't care. It was awesome to hang out with him. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

This was the second time the TT and I have experienced fireworks together in as many months. As KBD said, twice in two months constitutes a tendency.

No comments: