Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who are the Complicated Ladies - part 1

By way of introduction - Complication:

After half a decade of togetherness, MT (man-toddler) finally owned up to the fact that he was not the marrying type after all, much to my horror. As trite as it sounds, we grew apart. More specifically, I grew up, and he grew to crave the company of 16-20 year old girls. I worked all the live-long day, while he worked out a way to spend six years in junior college without ever earning any form of degree. I longed for children, he longed for his freedom. After a year of his various attempts to Beastie Boy (sabotage) the marriage, all of which I noted then dismissed, he admitted, FINALLY, that he wanted me to leave. I found an apartment the next day, and we filed for divorce the following day, shocking our families and closest friends.

In my classiest moments I can speak warmly of the good times, hardly letting the complicated and hurtful past few years color my tone. There is still a lot that I admire about MT - he is a very kind, fun, interesting, intelligent, adventurous, generous and playful person. In my heart I still love him for all of those good things. But (and this is a big but) no matter how much love and admiration you feel for a person, the fact remains that love is not enough. Love can't force the hand of either party. Sometimes love and respect keep seperate quarters. And possibly, most hurtfully, love does not erase the huge lack of class and maturity shown by MT before, during, and especially since our split.

I am in limbo a few more months before I start my full-frontal assault on the dating scene. Girlfriend knows that I plan to engage in a guerrilla marketing-style dating campaign in just 95 days. Not that I'm counting.

So that's Complication. I'll let Girlfriend speak for herself. Believe me - it's complicated.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I found your blog because you commented on my comment on the completely serious "Seriously, So Blessed" blog.

At least you can join the ranks with Denise Richards, since according to her reality TV show, her life is complicated too.

I look forward to reading your blog, and I'm glad too that I can understand about divorce. I've been told that it's the will of God. Those people are just amazing.

Complication said...

Welcome! And believe me, Denise Richards has got NOTHING on these complicated ladies.

And yes, people can be quite incredible.